Small Enhancement Request

May 24, 2011 at 2:17 PM

This is a great tool! We have lots of builds and products and this tool makes managing them VERY easy.

One thing that bugs me is that I have to click on the Build Explorer node THEN click to expand it. I understand that the builds need to be lazy loaded, but it seems like it would be easy to place a dummy child node under the root node and then remove the dummy node during a refresh. That way I can just click to expand the node. The text of the dummy node could be (loading) or something.

It's a small thing, but at the same time it seems easy to do. Thanks again!

Mike

Coordinator
May 24, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Hi Mike !

Great to hear it's useful for you!

That little problem you mention "bugs" us too.  We are reading the builds from the team explorer build node, but the problem come from there being no event to listen to to tell us when that node has loaded fully.  We have been trying to hook some events from the Team Explorer itself, but up to now it hasn't worked. Your idea of using a dummy node first may be a way to make it less troublesome in the start.  We'll have a look and see what we can do :-)

Terje 

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Hi Mike!

Release 1.1.8 is quite close to what you ask for. You dont need to click anymore, it loads as it should. There is still a small flash, but only on top level. 

Terje